Friday 26 October 2007

Current Progress

Hi,

I would just like to take a minute to talk about the current progress the group and I personally are with this project. At the start the group in general really didn't have much idea where we were going. The option of being able to do anything really left us with nothing. I personally wanted to do something simple using fifties retro-futurism architecture, because I like it a lot and it would be not too challenging to model. I had ideas of fifties bars and bar fights but none were really registering with the rest of the group. We also had a group member leave at this point, so the group's moral was at an all time low. Whilst Harrison and Simon were away in Barcelona, I had the idea of the abandoned fifties restaurant. Using the London site visits as lighting research, I forged ahead with my idea. After meeting with Jared, he focused our ideas down to an abandoned fifties restaurant and in a day we came up with the pickle idea, which is explained in an earlier post. Research and rough designs have been and are being created now. Research has included fifties architecture and restaurants in particular, retro-futurism and animated shows and movies with a retro-futurism design element to them, like the Incredibles or Kim Possible. A rig was downloaded at some point and I practiced animating with it.

Currently now the storyboard has been finalised, which has been drawn by me, and has been turned into a rough animatic by Simon. Rough Models have been created by Harrison and research has been researched by all members. Currently, I am serving as storyboard artist, researcher and background designer.

Since the project is going slowly, the group decided to split the environment up into different sections, and each go off and finalise the design over the weekend. Soon, we should be able to start fully modelling and animating.

I believe that's where the group is so far, and I just hope we are able to finish it in time.

Daryl

No comments: