Monday 15 October 2007

New Idea

Since my last big idea was meet with a rather luke-warm response and since we are rapidly running out of time, whilst my team mates are away in Barcelona, I decided to have a brain storming session, and I think I have have come up with a good idea.

The year is 1954, just outside of California. Aunt Pearl's diner is the busiest cafe on the interstate. Travellers from all over would stop for some good food and the friendliest service. It's the happiest restaurant you will ever see. But over the years, less and less people came and eventually the place was boarded up and abandoned. Time has not been kind. Chairs and tables broken, glass smashed and leftover food just rotting away.

This once joyful place has been left to rot and die, with only the flickering of a broken neon sign as a sign of what this place once was.

I felt that having a restaurant that was once a happy place, but is now rundown would be on one-hand fun to do, but on the other sad and poignant.

I have done some concept art to illustrate my point below.

No comments: