Friday 26 October 2007

Site Visits












These are the two site visits I went on.








The first was to Dennis Sever's House. He decorated the house to look like it was occupied by a family in the 18th century. Photography was strictly prohibited, so just drawings I'm afraid, which was very difficult because by candlelight. Even though the decor wasn't too helpful to our fifties theme, the gloomy and spooky atmosphere and placement of shadows did create a barren spooky atmosphere which I believe would help with the abandoned restaurant idea. This plays of light and shadow was what I was concentrating on in these images.




Sir John Soane died in 1837 and allowed his home to be open as a museum. To say he was a bit of a pack rat is a bit of an understatement. Again the actual interior decor wasn't too useful, but the play of light, especially in the crypt area, did create a very spooky atmosphere which I think we could use. I have included my sketches as well as some postcards.

No comments: